Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Introduction

Welcome to my blog!!!  (You're gonna love it here, trust me.  *wink wink*)  =D

To say a little bit about me....

My name is Courtney.  I'm an 18 year old girl following Jesus with all my heart, soul, mind, and strength.

Currently, I'm volunteering at The Salvation Army as an administrative assistant, and I've been engaged to a guy who is 6 years older than me since my last birthday back in February.

Oddly enough, Grant and I met on a forums game some years ago when I was just turning 16 and he was turning 22.  Even odder, our birthdays just happen to be on the exact same day, Feb. 19.

We were just distant friends for a while there, but by the time my 18th birthday rolled around, he had decided it was time to ask me to marry him.  So he wrote up a cute little poem...that morning....  And somehow I didn't even catch on.

He had this whole little game idea set up.  He wrote parts of the poem on all these different note cards.  Then he had the cards all hidden in different places, and each card had a hint on how I was supposed to find the next one.

So he put me through this whole game in order to find my last "present"...in front of EVERYBODY at my party....  Even when I had acquired all the note cards and started reading the poem on the back, it wasn't until almost the last line that I realized what he was doing.

When I read all that was on the cards, he got down on one knee and finished the last line of the poem with, "Courtney, will you marry me?"

I was beaming.  My answer was a playful, "I don't know, Grant..."

Then after I had a good laugh at my own joke, I replied more seriously with, "Sure!"

I know...not your typical female who gets proposed to, but hey....  That's me!!!  =D

So that's a real quick run through of how I became engaged to the most perfect man ever.  =)

I haven't nearly told you everything there, but this post isn't about how I became engaged or who my wonderful fiance is.  It's more about who I am and where I am now, so you can kinda know a little more about me beforehand.

Anyways...  As of right now I'm looking at being separated from my fiance for 3 more months, as he's going to be moving back to Ohio with his parents.

Long story short, he moved down to Virginia on May 21st....  Yes, that's right...  The day the world was supposed to end according to some people.  It didn't, however, and I'm honestly pretty glad!!!  Haha...  =P

He was hoping he could get a good job around here, so that we could get married in April (4/13/12) and live somewhat close to my parents.  However, things haven't quite gone as planned.  He has a job currently, working with a friend who does carpentry work.  Unfortunately though, he's not making enough for any apartment around here to accept him.

Our new plan is for him to move back in with his parents, try to acquire a job there, and then in April we can get married and move up there.

No, I don't really want to leave my family and move so far away, but I feel that that may be where God is leading us.  Perhaps He wants us to be a light in the darkness.

I'm not exactly sure where He wants us; I just know that I'm supposed to go where He leads.  And this, I feel, is His leading.  Still praying about it all though.  May God's will be done in our lives.

And I'm not worried about the 3 month separation.  I sure will miss Grant a lot, but we've done this before.  And I believe our bond is even stronger now than it was then.  All we need to do is focus on what needs to get done in order for us to be prepared and talk some everyday if we can.

I'm hoping I can get a phone soon.  Yeah, I know...  Crazy I don't have one yet....  Haha...  Though, I haven't really wanted one so much until now.

So yep.  That's what's happening so far.  And I'm done with this post.  So...later!!!  =D

Not sure what I'll write next, but I've got so much in my head to write....  Honestly though, that actually kinda makes things harder for me in a way...  But, eh...  I'll figure out something.

Blogger better be nice,
~Quartney~

1 comment:

  1. YAAAY!!!! I made this post at 11:43!!! XD

    There's another thing about me.... I LOVE the number 43!!! =D

    ReplyDelete